Saturday, August 25, 2012

New Speaker is in!

Well my new 4 ohm speaker got shipped! I got it installed and it seems to work a lot better. The stations that have the best reception are fairly loud, loud enough to hear when the engine is at a lower RPM. Eventually when I want to put a better muffler on it, a stock muffler, that will help to quiet it a bit. But you can here it while driving, whereas before you couldn't here it if the engine was running at all. I think part of the problem may be I also need to replace the Antennae. The one that was in it when I bought it is a really cheep after market one. Not stock. Their only like $8 so I may pick one up sooner rather than later. If that improves reception, I may be set. It's nice having my little radio in, kind of exciting actually. Do any of you still have the stock radio in yours?

2 comments:

  1. Our Type III still has its original stereo, and it still works. It's a Sapphire XV, just like yours:
    http://www.ludwigandgertie.com/2009/08/sundays-nap-with-gertie.html

    We rarely use it.

    Alright,
    whc03grady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I checked out the link. I'm with you I like the simplicity of VW Dashes. That's why I like the stock radio very simple goes well with it. I also notice you do the t-shirt thing on you black vinyl seats too. Those get pretty hot in the summer.

    ReplyDelete