Sunday, June 10, 2012

This week I drove to work and was making a stop at the bank so I took the freeway there. It wasn't very far but I figured it would give my car a good run. As I got off the freeway my car started backfiring really bad. So I pulled into the Krispie Kreme parking lot and let it sit for the day I had to have my boss come pick me up, that's embarrassing. After I got it home me and my dad worked it over we tuned the card and did the timing, but it still didn't help. After a test drive we thought it might be a wire. The wire that connects to the carburetor from the coil was really shoddy so we replaced that and it helped a little but it still was having issues. After a bit of research we finally believe that it is the distributor that is going out, so that's on next weeks list to do. There is always something on this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment