Friday, February 15, 2013

Saw Another Bug at School


I've seen this bug around a couple of times while going from class to class but this is the first chance I had to snap a picture. And this time I was actually able to park next to it. It's a nice color of blue with a really nicely done beige interior. It looks to be a 1974 Bug like mine. I think that's a good year, I may be biased just a little bit though. Also note that the snow is starting to melt so maybe the groundhog was right this year, maybe spring is just around the corner.

4 comments:

  1. To confirm the year:
    Look at the VIN, on the driver's corner of the dash. The third number is the last number of the year. For example, 1122907250 is a 1972 (a '72 Beetle to be exact).

    Alright,
    whc03grady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I didn't know that. Next time I see it I'll have to check. I should see it on Friday so I'll have to let you know what I find.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the vin number like you said,the third number was a 4 so it defiantly is a 1974 Beetle. Thanks, does that work on parts codes as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope: http://www.aircooled.net/vw-part-numbers-explained/
    Alright,
    whc03grady.

    ReplyDelete