Monday, July 22, 2013

One thing leads to another...

As you can see my car is less than drive able. it's kind of a bummer too, our big VW show was last Saturday and I was hoping to take my red car, I did go to the show, I entered my green one, but I'll post on that another day this week or next. And I was hoping to take it to a parade on Wednesday. the 24th of July is a big day in Utah, it's Pioneer Day, and the little town I'm for always does a big celebration. Someday I'll put it in that parade.

Anyway back to the reason my new one is less than drive able. When I brought the car home I knew it would need some front end work (most super beetles do) what I didn't know was the master cylinder was leaking. I found out when I went to get the inspection done. As I got the master cylinder wrapped up I had trouble bleeding the brakes. found out it was time to race both rear wheel cylinders. Then when I pulled off the hubs I found that all the brake shoes were cracked. so it's been a little frustrating trying to get the car road worthy, especially since I missed both deadlines I wanted to hit. Oh well I'm hanging in there. I'll get Felix running soon.

On another note last Friday was my birthday, my family gave me a couple fun bug related gifts, I'll be sharing those with you guys over the next little while too, whenever I have a spare minute that isn't spent on my car at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment